The Crankstart Foundation is the charitable outfit of Michael Moritz and his wife Harriet. The couple's philanthropy in the Bay Area is mainly focused on education, and arts and culture, but support has also gone to parks and human services. In October 2019 the Crankstart Foundation awarded a grant of $50,000 to UC Davis to support ten transfer scholarships of $5,000 each for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Transferred from a California Community College or university within the last 4 years
- Minimum 3.25 GPA
- Personal essay
- One letter of recommendation
The Transfer and Reentry Center will obtain your UC Davis and other official transcripts to evaluate your academic progress. By submitting this application you understand and agree with this procedure.
Letter of Recommendation:
One letter of recommendation is required to complete your application. New UC Davis students may submit letters from their community college faculty; continuing UC Davis students should submit a letter from a UC Davis faculty member or TA. As soon as you submit your scholarship application, an email will be sent to your recommender with information and instructions for them to complete and submit their letter of recommendation in support of your application. Please be sure to allow your recommender ample time to complete your request. Each year many students are not evaluated because of missing documents; it is your responsibility to verify receipt of all supplemental documents.
Crankstart Transfer Scholars Scholarship Application Instructions
- Click on the following link: UC Davis Transfer Scholarship Application
- Create an account on submittable.com to access the application.
- Complete the application and click the submit button.
- Note: you can work on the different sections of the application on a separate document and then copy/paste to the application. You can save your application and return to it at a later time.
- Keep in mind that your letter of recommendation request will not be submitted until you submit your application. Make sure you give your letter writer plenty of time to submit their recommendation before the deadline.
- June 30, 2019 by 11:59 p.m.
- Only completed applications will be considered
Scholarship applicants will be notified of their application status by late August/early September.