New UC Davis Students
If you are a veteran, service member, or dependent, the Veterans Success Center (VSC) is your place to file your educational benefits, attend workshops to help you succeed in your educational goals, and engage and network with your veteran community. The VSC serves as a liaison between the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and UC Davis student veterans, providing course attendance certification and processing Cal-Vet Fee Waivers. Visit us to learn about benefit eligibility and tutorial assistance, as well as to receive helpful advice about your GI Bill and educational benefits. Upon acceptance to UC Davis, contact our VA Office to initiate a benefit claim and complete the necessary paperwork. Our dedicated staff is here to assist you in making a smooth transition to our university.
Applying for Benefits
Follow the steps below to apply for benefits. If you are unsure of which benefit(s) you want to pursue, do not hesitate to set up an appointment with the VSC so we can assist you.
- Checklist for Initiating Federal Veterans Educational Benefits at UC Davis
- Identify the program to which you want to apply
- Fill out an Academic Plan Form (APF)*
- Follow the steps required for each benefit
- Set up an appointment with the VSC Certifying Official
- Fill out the VSC Benefits Intake Form and Release of Information Form (provided at your VSC appointment)
*The APF lists the courses in which you are enrolled, and must be signed by your major advisor. The VA will only provide tuition assistance for courses that are required for your major and other university requirements for graduation.
Students Applying for Benefits for the First Time
Students who have never received benefits must complete the following:
Students Who Have Applied for Benefits Previously
Students who have received benefits previously at another institution must complete the following:
- Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, VA Form 22-1995