AvenueE is designed to help community college transfer students smoothly transition to UC Davis, and ultimately, a career in engineering or computer science. The program was developed by UC Davis and founding corporate partner, Chevron, in collaboration with Los Rios, Peralta, San Joaquin Delta, and Contra Costa Community College districts. AvenueE starts at the community college and provides academic and career supports and enrichment opportunities. Students admitted to UC Davis and selected to participate in AvenueE are required to participate in Transfer Bridge.
The Transfer Bridge Program is a full-time extended orientation program for students who are selected for AvenueE and return the Statement of Intent to Register by the stated deadline. This is a no cost program; on-campus housing, food, and materials are all provided to you.
Program dates for 2018 are September 9 – 21.
During this program students will:
- Become familiar with the UC Davis community
- Develop relationships with the AvenueE cohort
- Receive academic guidance and professional development
- Connect with faculty, advisors, staff, other students and working professionals
- Earn a stipend to alleviate the need to work during this summer program