2019 STEP Dates: August 3rd 2019 - September 13th 2019
The First STEP to Student Success
The UC Davis Special Transitional Enrichment Program (STEP) strives to enhance the academic and social experiences of first generation and low-income students during their first two years of college. STEP aims to facilitate the transition to postsecondary education by maximizing academic and social skills in students through the use of resources needed to achieve personal success.
STEP is a two-year program that begins with a six-week summer residential program. STEP offers participants six units of college credit, academic advising, skill development opportunities, and an orientation to the campus. Participation in STEP allows students to:
- Complete six units of coursework in writing, math, and/or general education.
- Participate in success workshops focused on understanding university expectations.
- Develop college level learning, strategies to enhance their academic achievement and personal success.
- Sharpen their skills in preparation for a smooth transition to college
- Experience campus life and develop friendships while living in the residence halls
- Build relationships with faculty and key campus resources critical to student success
- Register for fall quarter classes with guidance from peer and academic advisors