The Office of Educational Opportunity and Enrichment Services (OEOES) is committed to the development and success of students during their undergraduate years and beyond. Using a holistic approach and through partnerships with campus and community resources, OEOES offers services that support student learning, enhance the student experience and foster strong communities where students feel empowered to achieve their goals.
- We support the unique needs of students by building strong relationships and affirming their strengths and experiences.
- We teach success strategies and critical skills to help students maximize their experiences inside and outside of the classroom.
- We help students connect to supportive communities, critical resources and enrichment opportunities.
- We empower students to take ownership of their path and direction.
Office of Educational Opportunity and Enrichment Services adopts the following principles:
- We embrace a student-centered philosophy when advising, teaching and developing student services.
- In providing programs and services, we respect the identity and experiences of each student.
- We provide a warm and welcoming environment to students receiving services and in making personalized referrals to other campus and community resources.
- We promote self-efficacy and encourage students to take responsibility for their educational experience.
- We build our services and programs based on research and best practices in the field.
- We serve as advocates for positive, systemic change throughout our programs and at the university.