Transition and Orientation
Guardian Scholars Program supports students in their transition to the university by assisting them to navigate on- and off-campus resources, build essential skillsets, and successfully acclimate to a research university.
- New Student Program Orientation
- Transition Seminar: "Foundations for University Success"
- Transitional Peer Mentoring Program
- First-Year Aggie Connection: "Together We Thrive"
- Housing and Financial Aid advising
While students are pursuing their academic and personal goals, the Guardian Scholars Program aims to improve educational outcomes by providing individualized mapping, guidance and holistic support. The Guardian Scholars Program also encourages peer and campus engagement.
- Workshop/Program Activities
- Individual Success Advising
- Community Outreach
- Cohort Meet-ups
- Mentorship Program
- Campus Collaborations
- Scholarships, grants and financial support
- Enrichment and Experiential Learning opportunities
The Guardian Scholars Program encourages students to plan beyond the degree. In preparation, we offer opportunities for students to explore and become well equipped to pursue their interests in graduate school, professional school, or a career.
- Seminar: "Exploring and Assembling a Post-Graduation Plan"
- Career Meet & Greets
- Career mapping/advising
- Professional Partnerships
- Campus Referrals