Having this opportunity to work with the TRiO Scholars Program is exciting for me because it is another way to continue helping students during their transition into the university & throughout their time here at UC Davis.
First NameSelenaLast NamePaloma MartinezPosition TitleAdministrative CoordinatorUnit/DepartmentTRiO Scholars Programtrioscholarsprogram@ucdavis.eduPhone NumberOffice Location3230 Dutton Hall
First NamePanhoiaLast NameLeePosition TitleProgram AdvisorUnit/DepartmentTRiO Scholars Programpanlee@ucdavis.eduPhone NumberOffice Location3222 Dutton Hall
One of the greatest satisfaction working with our scholars is witnessing their improvements over time and seeing who they have become. They are such hard working individuals and I am just glad I can be a resource for them during their educational career.
Person Type Multiple
Position TitleAdministrative CoordinatorUnitOffice of Educational Opportunity and Enrichment Services
Position TitleAdvisorUnitFirst-Year Aggie ConnectionsBio
Aubreanna Zachary is an advisor for First-Year Aggie Connections, part of Transitional and Enrichment Programs and Services. She transferred to the University of California, Davis during the 2016-2017 school year and earned her B.A. in Communications. Throughout her studies, she participated in the First-Year Aggie Connections and served as a peer mentor.
Position TitleCoordinatorUnitAvenueE Transfer Bridge
Position TitleVeterans Affairs Certifying Official/Retention AdviserUnitVeterans Success CenterBio
Raquel is the Veterans Affairs Certifying Official and Retention Adviser. Her primary role is to manage and administer educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) and the California Department of Veteran Affairs (CalVet). She enjoys working with Veterans, Service Members, and their Dependents. She is grateful for their selfless service to our nation and is passionate in helping them achieve their academic and professional goals. She provides exclusive and focused attention to the needs of all Veterans, Service Members, and Dependents on campus. During her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She loves the hiking, camping, and traveling.
Position TitleCoordinatorUnitSuccess Coaching and Learning StrategiesBio
Dr. Teixeira is the staff coordinator of Success Coaching and Learning Strategies, part of Transitional and Enrichment Programs and Services. She has a passion for helping undergraduates and graduate students unlock their full potential to reach their academic, personal, and professional goals. With a background in cognitive learning science, she works to translate research-based learning principles into practical study strategies for students, helping them to be most effective and efficient in their learning at UC Davis.
Dr. Teixeira is an alumna of UC Davis (Ph.D., Spanish/linguistics, '15), a graduate of UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education's Professional Coaching for Life and Work certificate program ('18), and a certified coach with the International Coaching Federation. She uses a positive-psychology framework that draws upon evidence-based practices in student development such as self-efficacy and self-regulation.
- Member, Online Advising Learning Modules Workgroup (2019-)
- Campus trainer, Student Success Coaching (2018-)
- Campus trainer, Developing Deeper Advising Relationships (2018-)
- Founding Co-chair, Student Development and Retention Reading Group (2018-)
- Founding Co-chair, Integrated Coaching in Advising Community (2017-)
- Communications Chair, Asian Pacific American Systemwide Alliance (2017-)
- Learning Strategies 101 (Winter 2019 Academic Advising Coffee Talk)
- Harnessing Curiosity, Failing Forward (2019 Undergraduate Leadership Conference)
- Qualitative Assessment Practices in Retention: Collecting Direct Evidence of Student Development (2018 UC Davis Retention Spotlight)
- The Myth of the Learning Style, the Power of the Learning Preference (2018 UC-CSU Learning Support Conference)
- Let's Go to the Research: Evidence-based Study Skills Seminar Team-taught by Staff/Faculty (poster session, 2017 NASPA Western Regional Conference)
- Are Students Learning What We’re Teaching? Best Practices for Curriculum Assessment in Student Affairs (2017 UC Davis Stay Day Conference)
- Auxiliary Support for Students in Online and Hybrid Courses (poster session, 2016 UC Davis Scholarship on Teaching and Learning Conference)
- NACADA, Academic Coaching Community
Position TitleAdvisorUnitTRiO Scholars Program
Position TitleCoordinatorUnitVeterans Success CenterBio
Earl is the coordinator for the Veterans Success Center. His passion is seeing student veterans, service members and dependents succeeding during their time at UC Davis and beyond. After serving for 24 years in the United States Army, Earl started his career with UC Davis and the Graduate School of Management, before opening the Veterans Success Center in 2017. He enjoys traveling and spending time with his family, when he is not on river fishing.
Position TitleAcademic Success and Retention SpecialistUnitEducational Opportunity Program