OEOES Summer Research Fellowship
The OEOES Summer Research Fellowship is a 10-week summer research program that allows students to develop and conduct a research project under the guidance of a faculty mentor. It is intended to introduce students to independent research and help prepare them for graduate or law school.
We welcome applicants from all majors and fields; however, priority will be given to applicants whose research explores the following topics: social sciences, humanities, arts, food insecurity, housing insecurity, first-generation experiences, low income/economic barriers, and educational inequity. Participants receive a stipend to support their full-time research.
- Must be a continuing student (alumni are not eligible). Seniors who aren't graduating in spring and juniors are prioritized.
- 3.0 GPA. If you don't have a 3.0 GPA, you may still apply and explain why your GPA isn't a good indicator of your academic potential.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Limited research experience.
- Must be available to work full-time in person in Davis on research during the duration of the program, June 27-September 2.
- You do not need to have identified a faculty mentor at the time of application; we will help you connect with a mentor if you are accepted to the program.
- 500-word personal statement: Please describe your academic and personal background, research interests, graduate school goals, and how participation in the program will support these goals.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a professor, graduate student TA, supervisor, advisor, etc.
The application for Summer 2022 is now closed.
Summer GRE Prep
Pre-Grad/Law Advising will be offering one in-person prep program in Summer 2022 due to the GRE becoming less required in graduate admissions.
Eligibility: Our prep programs are offered to current UC Davis students as well as alumni. For both programs, we prioritize students who will be applying to grad school in the coming cycle. As the GRE isn't always required, please check with the programs you're interested in before applying!
Description: Our programs are not-for-credit and free of cost, except for purchasing the textbook. Participants who successfully complete the program by attending all the classes and reporting their scores on the diagnostic and practice exams will receive a partial fee waiver for the GRE.
We are no longer accepting applications; to be added to the waitlist, please email email@example.com.