OEOES Summer Research Fellowship 2019: Applications due March 3
The Office of Educational Opportunity and Enrichment Services is excited to announce its second Summer Research Fellowship! Participants will conduct research for 10 weeks under the guidance of a faculty mentor. They will also attend weekly meetings to explore research and pre-grad/law topics, and be paid a stipend. The fellowship will culminate in a symposium where the participants will present their research. The program is intended for students with no research experience who are interested in grad or law school.
- Sophomore or junior with no prior research experience.
- Must be available to conduct research full-time (40 hours a week) during the duration of the fellowship (June 24-August 30).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA; if your GPA is below 3.0, you will be asked to explain why the GPA does not reflect your academic potential.
- All majors are welcome to apply; however, priority will be given to research projects that explore the following topics: higher education, equity, civic engagement, student experience, underrepresented and under-served populations.
- Online form.
- Personal statement (500 words) submitted via the online form.
- One letter of rec written by professor, TA, staff, mentor, supervisor, etc, and emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Applicants don't need to have secured a faculty mentor at the time of application, but should have a sense of their research interests. If selected, we will help you find a mentor if you don't have one.
Applications, including the personal statement and letter of rec are due on March 3. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer GRE Prep
Are you applying to graduate school and need to take the GRE? Pre-Grad Advising offers summer GRE prep! Leave us your name and contact info here to be the first to hear about our two different programs and when registration opens. See the details about the two options below. There will be an application process for our courses (check back in February/March or leave us your email to be the first to know) and the textbook will be provided.
GRE Boot Camp - June 17th-28, 2019
The GRE Boot Camp is an 2-week intensive program. Students will study and prepare for each section of the test (Math, Verbal, Writing) for 6 hours a day.
GRE Course - August 5-September 14, 2019
The GRE course is a 6-week course mapped onto Summer Session 2. There will be one 2-hour class a week on each test section (Math, Verbal, Writing). This is a not-for credit prep course.
Summer Statement of Purpose Boot Camp
Are you applying to graduate or law school in the fall and need to write your statement of purpose but don't know where to start? Join us for a boot camp program where you start the statement from scratch on Monday and end Friday afternoon with a solid draft! Typically takes place in July/August, check back during spring quarter for exact dates! Leave your name and contact info here to access priority registration.